Monday, November 5, 2012

Twelfth visit 10/2/12

Prosper showed on the second visit I made to their graves. I didn't even know he was there until a heavy hand landed on my shoulder.

"What do you want?"

He patted the spot before letting go. "It wasn't me."

"You're all the same, so yeah it's your fault. You killed my parents and you're the reason I'll probably never see my aunt again."

"That's discrimination!" He laughed shortly. "It's better this way, Spencer. Now you're focused."

"What are you talking about?"

"You should let her sleep, that way she can't get involved. and you can give Him all your attention."

The way he said that reminded me of something. "Is this the Executor's doing? Is he keeping her in a coma?" The barest of smiles hinted on his face. "Isn't that disobeying your boss?"

He tutted. "She's out of the way, what does it matter?" Prosper rested his hands in his pockets. "Still following orders."

"Why didn't he just put everyone to sleep?" I shouted.

"That draws too much attention. Be smart, Spencer." He leaned over me with a wink, "Besides, we saved your favorite relative."

My hands balled into fists, "Why do this?"

"A favor for a favor."

"What kind of favor?"

"In due time." I didn't have a reply for him so he took it as his chance to leave with a wave. "Keep a close eye on my asylum girl."

I can see why my sister hates the Executor and his lacky.

I brought Shady the left over flowers I had and she was surprised to see them. We set them on the nightstand and sat side by side looking at them. We talk regularly shoulder to shoulder. It was a nice way to end the day.

Joshua

No comments:

Post a Comment